Ontario to Patagonia: Two Friends on the Adventure of a Lifetime

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In Retrospect: Maybe Malarone was the Better Option...


Just rocked my vaccinations: Hep A, Yellow Fever and T.D. Polio. Good times. Also decided to go with the Larium (Mefloquine) over the much more expensive Malarone. Saves me some cash, but I might end up with a genuine case of psychosis. Possible side effects include: chest pain (Doesn't seem so bad :), anxiety (I'll be feeling this anyways), hallucinations (Could be good times...), paranoia (Hmm. little dark), tremor (Well, I'll just let Chris drive!), depression (Ok, not so good), panic attack (Sounds serious), suicide (... Really? Thats a side effect!?!). Is it just me, or do these jerks always try to slip the sketchy one in at the end? And how is suicide a side effect? Like really, it will make me kill myself? Hmmm. Malarone maybe wasn't such a bad idea... On the upside, scored some Cipro tabs to kick the squirts for free!
So, pop quiz, anyone have a 1988-1993 Jetta / Golf Diesel with tons of kms and good suspension? I've been looking kinda half-arsed, and although there's a ton of them out there, I'd prefer if someone was like: "Hey Benji, heard you needed a car for your sweet adventure. I've got one you can have for free!" To which I would reply, "Thanks, that's awesome. We'll shoot you a postcard from Panama when we get there!". If anyone would like to playout the above scenario in real life, I'd potentially be open to it.
I've got my app all done for school (UCA), work is nearing an end, and my vaccinations are finished... The countdown has really begun!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna leave a comment? Sweet. Give'er. We'll get it sent to our emails and you'll get to rip into us publicly!

The Proposed Trip

The Proposed Trip

About Us